Friday, May 05, 2006


How it started?
WHA!? triple bootleg compilation by Simon Iddol

Few months ago, I got addicted to the mashup/bootleg culture.
I'm involved with music for about 20 years (started as a kid,
DJing for the school radio), but it just shocked me how rich,
colourful and deep is this scene.
First of all I just collected and enjoyed the mashes,
but later I started to show them for friends. They loved those
tracks, so I wanted to make a compilation to make them happy.
When I finished, it was a triple bootleg compilation album,
3 CD's in three different styles.
My aim was to show the world of bootlegs/mash ups
for the outsiders, for the everyday openminded music fans.
The tunes are not the latests, but each of them is a masterpiece.
I have no tracks on this compilation, I did not mixed them,
I do not want to promote myself on it, it is NOT about me.
The WHA!? is about the art of mashing and the celebration of music.

The WHA!? is not available, not been released, I just made it to tribute
for the mash up / bootleg culture.
I will try to contact with each featured artist, and if they agreed and
like the idea, maybe it will be available for download, free without ad's
or other commercial shit.

If you are one of the featured artists, please contact me!!!

In the following posts, you will find more info about each album.

Design info's

Each album is represented with a fake polaroid picture.
Here are the links where you can find the originals.
Visit them they are all nice sites to check out!

WHO PUSHED THE NEEDLE?
radio DJ with flying vinyls
http://www.jahsonic.com/Radio.jpg

HAVEYOU SEEN MY GUITAR?
Maike Abetz & Oliver Drescher >> Electric Ladyland
2000, private collection, Courtesy arsFutura Galerie, Zürich
http://www.kunsthallewien.at/cgi-bin/event/event.pl?id=331;lang=en;page=2

AM I A BOY OR A GIRL?
street parade dancers

http://www.dinplug.com/weblogs/ian/archives/JF1B5586_Sydney_Mardi_Gras_dancers.jpg

No comments: